Spring break is pretty much known as the time to let loose with friends, having lots of fun in the sun (with your fav funscreen, of course). However, with all that is going on right now, most of our spring break plans went kaput. Disappointing? Yes, but all hope is not lost. If you can’t make it to your vacation destination, then you are just going to have to find a way to bring the destination to you.
The following are the top 10 spring break ideas for the ultimate ‘staycation’ in the comfort of your home.
10. Unplug to Unwind:No one can deny that technology is, and has been, a blessing. We are able to do things that we had never even imagined. But, a vacation is supposed to be all about relaxation. Unplugging the world can only enhance your well-deserved break. Turn off the cellphones, put down the laptops, forget about Facebook and reacquaint yourself with, well, you again.
9. Turn Your Home Into an Oasis:Just because you can’t head out to the latest hot spot resort does not mean that your home can’t be transformed into an acceptable substitute. Chill music, candles, and mood lighting can make you feel a world away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life (or the craziness we are currently dealing with!). Add to the paradise vibes with a few spritzes of our newest zinc facial mist, Seaside Escape!
8. Get in the Mood and the Groove with an Eclectic Worldly Playlist:
Music around the world is as unique and individualized as the people who live in these different places. Wherever your eclectic desired destination, there are sure to be culturally appropriate jams to go with. Just because you can’t take a flight to lay about on the gorgeous beaches of Jamaica, a playlist of reggae beats can certainly make you feel as though you are.
7. Get Fancy! Make Every Single Meal a Memorable One:
Food. It can bring long-forgotten emotions to the forefront, rediscover memories hidden deep in the depths of your mind, and transcend time and place (a little much? we think not!). Considering we cannot travel to get a taste from distant lands, doesn’t mean we can’t recreate those flavors at home. Craving Mediterranean fare? French pastries? The sky's the limit. Grab your Tastes of the World Cookbook and let the imagination loose.
6. Schedule Yourself a Sleep-In:One of the very best things about enjoying a vacation is the ability to sleep in, and your staycation should be no exception. Although you’re stuck at home it does not mean that you can’t keep your holiday organized with a full, packed schedule, but be sure to pencil in a few extra ZZZ’s as well.
5. Escape! (But Only in a Literary Way):Trek the amazon rainforests, join sherpas to the tippy-top of Mount Everest or lose yourself in the latest romance novel. Escaping the confines of your at-home vacation spot is just a few pages away. Pick up a few of your favorite literary treasures and get ready for a staycation adventure. All without leaving the comfort of your couch.
4. Recall Your Inner Child with Some Good Old Board Games:
With so much to entertain us these days, it isn’t shocking that we have forgotten the fun of the whole family playing a game of Monopoly or Scrabble. It is great for bonding and a little bit of friendly competitiveness is sure to take your mind off of the current crisis.
3. Unleash Your Creativity:A staycation is the best time to embrace your inner artist. Redecorate, elaborate on existing decor, or just use the time to create your latest masterpiece. Use this extra solitude to tap into the deepest parts of your creative mind. Be productive while transforming the place around into one that is completely your own.
2. Turn Your Home into the Ultimate Spa:While you might not be able to rush out to that trendy, all-inclusive spa that you’ve been positively dying to visit, there is no reason that you should deprive yourself of the relaxing services that they typically offer. Transforming your own home into the perfect spa environment is easier than you think. Light some lavender scented candles, slap on your favorite peel or mask and get ready to relax your troubles away.
1. Be Your Own Bartender:
When you picture spring break, visions of white sandy beaches, crystal clear blue waters, and a fruity drink in hand, is likely to be the imagery at the forefront of your mind. Unfortunately, those beaches are going to have to wait, at least for the time we are locked down for quarantine, but the fruity tropical drinks actually are in the realm of possibility. You don’t have to be Tom Cruise to be your own bartender during your ultimate staycation. There are plenty of recipe books that make it super easy to make even the most intricate, complex cocktail.
With this extraordinary and unprecedented turn of events, you would be forgiven for not seeing the silver lining of the Coronavirus cloud, however, there is at least one. When will be the next time that you can spend uninterrupted, extended, quality time with those you love? Or the last time that you were able to take hours upon hours of ‘you time’? Make the most of it. Enjoy every single moment. After all, the perfect vacation is, in fact, within reach. And you won’t even have to get out of your pajamas!