Mother's Day is a special day when we give thanks for everything our mothers have done for us. But most of the time, it's the day when we can't help but look back on our mothers and grandmothers and all that we have learned from them.
They are always full of smart ideas for beauty and even sneaky tips that only they could come up with! To celebrate Mother's Day, we have put together a list of some of the best beauty tips passed down generation to generation.
20 Best Beauty Secrets From Mom and Grandma
- Less is more, natural or light makeup is best.
- Just use a cream concealer instead of foundation.
- Vaseline is a must-have for chapped lips, cracked heels, and dry skin.
- Wash your face before bed.
- Stay hydrated for plump and youthful skin.
- You are what you eat, eat more vegetables (especially leafy greens) and fruits daily.
- Coconut oil or olive oil to condition hair and scalp.
- Moisturizing is essential.
- Sleep on your back, not your face.
- Don't drink from a straw to avoid nasolabial folds.
- Use a different washcloth for your face, not the same one you use on your body.
- Cream and cotton gloves for your hands, they age faster.
- Sunscreen is not an option, it's a necessity.
- Stop frowning, enough said.
- Lipstick is also great blush and eye color.
- Massage the inner peel of fruits and vegetables on the skin.
- Hot oil treatments and deep condtioning are key to healthy, shiny hair.
- Coco Butter and Vitamin E for discoloration is a no-brainer.
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate...gently.
- Use honey to reduce the appearance of scars and promote healing.
These beauty tips are still very much relevant today! From skincare to haircare to makeup, their advice has helped us enhance our natural beauty. So, as we celebrate Mother’s Day, let’s not forget to give our mothers and grandmothers the credit they deserve, for helping us look and feel our best! What tips, tricks, or not-so-secret secrets have you learned from the mothers in your life?